EMM Labs DA2 V2 Reference Stereo D/A Converter
The EMM Labs DA2 V2 Reference Stereo D/A Converter is an updated flagship 16xDSD/DSD1024 stereo D/A converter. It is the next evolutionary step in the EMM Labs line of award-winning, critically acclaimed range of high-end converter systems.
The DA2 V2 features a multitude of inputs and support for PCM up to 24bit/192kHz, DSD, 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz), and MQA® via USB.
16xDSD Proprietary Discrete DACs
MDAC2™ is the world’s first true fully discrete DSD1024/16xDSD D/A converter and still built in-house at EMM Lab's manufacturing facility in Calgary, Canada.Emm Labs is not willing to accept the inherent non-linearities of every mass-market chip created to date. Neither should you.
Newly Updated MDAT2™: 16xDSD Upsampling
EMM Labs multi-award winning MDAT2™ DSP has been refined and updated to synergistically work with the new 16xDSD MDAC2™. The new MDAT2™ DSP does real-time transient detection, processing and up-conversion of all incoming audio, PCM and DSD, before sending it to the new 16xDSD DACs.
USB Isolation, MFAST™ and MCLK2™
The USB interface includes EMM’s proprietary hardware galvanic isolation. In combination with MFAST™, our high-speed asynchronous jitter removal technology and MCLK2™ our custom built clock, jitter is completely removed from the conversion process.
The new DA2 V2’s analog and digital systems have been meticulously revised. All culminating in that next level of immersive pristine sonic clarity that has been the definition of every new EMM product. The DA2 V2, EMM Labs new reference converter is proudly designed and made in Canada.
- 16xDSD proprietary discrete dual differential D-to-A converters (MDAC2™)
- New high High/Low output gain control
- Latest generation Meitner Digital Audio Translator signal processing technology (MDAT2™)
- Enhanced technology for instant signal acquisition and jitter-free performance (MFAST™)
- Proprietary asynchronous clocking system (MCLK2™)
- USB interface with custom hardware galvanic isolation
- Up to 24bit/192kHz & DSD support over all inputs
- 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz) & MQA® support over USB
- User controlled signal polarity
- Custom aerospace-grade ceramic circuit boards
- EMM Optilink for transport or streamer connection
- Precision-machined aluminum chassis & remote control
- Service USB port for future software upgrades
- RS-232 serial port for wired remote control
EMM Optilink (CD/SACD)
AES/EBU, 2x S/PDIF Coax, 2x S/PDIF, TOS & USB up to 24bit/192kHz and DSD
USB also supports 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz) & MQA®
Stereo Analog Outputs:
XLR and RCA
300 ohms balanced (XLR)
150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
Output Levels (High/Low):
XLR outputs: 7.0/5.0V (+19.1/16.2dBu)
RCA outputs: 3.5/2.5V (+13.1/10.2dBu)
W x D x H: 438 x 400 x 161mm