Bryston BP-2 MM/MC Phono Gain Stage
The Bryston BP-2 MM/MC Phono Preamplifier may be a one-trick pony that simply accepts analog audio from your turntable's cartridge and amplifies it to a level that your main preamplifier can understand.
Phono gain stages are rather un-glamorous. But that's the point. What makes the BP-2 so special is that it can take such a minuscule signal--2mV or so and amplify it with so little distortion and so little added noise. When switched into MC mode, zero additional noise is added. The transformers are wound so precisely, they are virtually distortion-free making the most of your priceless MC cartridge. This is true analog bliss.
- MM Mode Applies 41dB of gain from your moving magnet phono cartridge or high output MC cartridge
- Switch into MC mode to engage top-quality step-up transformers to apply an additional 20 or 30dB of gain.
- Available upon order with 20dB transformers for 0.3-1mV cartridges or 30dB transformers for cartridges less than 0.3mV
- Class A discrete operational amplifiers
- Ultra-precise RIAA equalization
- Powered from external Bryston PSU
- Very quiet operation and very low distortion
- Compact chassis can be placed nearby turntable or preamplifier
- Front panel Mute switch
- Internally configurable for capacitive loading
For pricing and availability...or call 847-217-8985
Please call me at 847-217-8985 to discuss availability or feel free to send me an email. Just let me know what model you are interested in and I will get back to you as soon as possible!
Please don't hesitate to reach out.
Or give me a call at 847-217-8985