Rogue Audio Pharaoh II Integrated Amplifier
The Rogue Audio Pharaoh II Integrated Amplifier is the 2nd iteration of this stellar two-in-one audio component.
When Rogue Audio began the development of the original Pharaoh amplifier they had one overarching goal: The realization of an integrated amplifier that, without compromise, would offer the performance of the finest separates. The new Pharaoh II pushes that performance to an even higher level.
A new amplifier circuit designed around their Hypex N-core amplifier modules increases both power and performance. The preamplifier includes numerous upgrades as well as an improved phono section and an all-new hybrid headphone amplifier. The Pharaoh II uniquely combines solid-state power amplification with tube preamplification to deliver amazing dynamics as well as the organic midrange and sweet top end that only a tube amp can provide. Along with truly outstanding sound, the Pharaoh II boasts numerous features including a tube/MOSFET headphone circuit, mm/mc user adjustable phono, home theater bypass, remote controlled volume with mute, and a processor loop. The Pharaoh II is truly a "one box" solution to all of your amplifier needs.
From a technical standpoint, the all-important preamplifier section utilizes a pair of long plate 12AU7 tubes configured in a mu-follower topology. Large coupling caps and a host of exotic parts ensure that the audio signal is preserved perfectly during this critical stage of amplification. A huge linear power supply is then used to deliver energy to the solid-state power amplifier section. Designed around the highly regarded Hypex N-CORE OEM modules, the amplifiers provide seemingly unlimited power and dynamics.
It's Good to Be King.....
- 250 WPC/8 ohms 400 WPC/4 ohms
- Pure tube mu-follower preamplifier
- Slow-start automated logical turn-on
- Green design with extremely low power consumption
- Standby 6W, 1/2 Power 235W, Full power 435W
- Damping factor > 1000
- Three pairs of line-level inputs
- One pair phono inputs, mm/mc with 40/60 dB gain
- One pair of balanced XLR inputs
- Adjustable phono loading (custom values available)
- Tube driven 1/4" headphone jack
- Massive high storage linear (!) power supplies
- Mundorf EVO oil coupling caps
- Precision components throughout
- 39 pounds/45 pounds shipping weight
- 18.25" wide x 18" deep (incl. posts and knobs) 6.5" high
- Fully tested, burned-in, and auditioned
- Detachable IEC power cord
- Entirely designed and hand built in the USA
- 3 year limited warranty (6 months on tubes)