MoFi Electronics UltraGold MC Phono Cartridge
Crafted in Japan using strict quality-control measures for exacting precision, and uniquely voiced by Spiral Groove founder Allen Perkins, the MoFi Electronics UltraGold MC Phono Cartridge offers analog lovers everything they would expect — and more — from an audiophile moving-coil cartridge.
Namely, exceptionally wide frequency response, clear high-frequency transients, stunning dynamics, and incredibly rich detail. True to MoFi's core principles, UltraGold MC goes further by providing true-to-the-source faithfulness, lifelike separation, surgical accuracy, and clean tracking.
Nude Shibata Stylus and Boron Cantilever
UltraGold MC’s nude Shibata stylus and boron cantilever help account for the cartridge’s palpable low-end reproduction, high transient responsiveness, and robust midrange. The Shibata profile diamond is further chosen for playback marked by hear-it-to-believe-it depth, immersion, and fullness.
Threaded holes in UltraGold MC’s aluminum cartridge body permit the user to mount it on a headshell or integral tonearm with just two screws — no bolts or nuts needed. Analog setup doesn’t get any easier.
- Nude Shibata stylus and boron cantilever
- Neodymium magnet and permendur yoke
- Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting (PCOCC) coils
- Aluminum cartridge body with threaded inserts
- Precision-crafted in Japan
- Type: Dual Moving Coil Stereo
- Stylus: Shibata
- Output Voltage: 0.4mV
- Frequency Response: 20–35,000Hz
- Weight: 7.3g
- Tracking Force: 1.8–2.2g
- Recommended Load: ≥ 100 Ohm
- Static compliance: 40 x 10e-6/dyne
- Dynamic compliance: 10 x 10e-6/dyn