MoFi Electronics UltraDeck +UG Turntable w/UltraGold MC
The MoFi Electronics UltraDeck +UG Turntable w/UltraGold MC Cartridge features the finest cartridge that Mofi manufacturers, the UltraGold! You'll find nothing but praise for the UltraDeck and it is certainly worthy of the attention. Relative to its performance, its bang-for-buck is unrivaled!
The word “Ultra” is synonymous with Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab's philosophy. It represents our extreme pursuit of the highest level of reproduction of recorded sound—beyond the status quo—to provide music lovers with the experience of hearing the Original Master Recording in their home. Whether you're enjoying a standard LP or one of our UltraDisc One-Step limited-edition records, The MoFi Electronics UltraDeck +UG Turntable will deliver faithful playback of what's in the grooves. Advanced technology, user-friendly features, and unflappable design elements ensure phenomenal playback—ultimately bringing the sound of Mobile Fidelity’s famous studio into your home.
Mofi's stepped-pulley AC motor provides excellent speed stability for pitch accuracy and rhythmic drive. The Delrin® pulley has two positions for 33 1/3 and 45 RPM speed selection. Motor vibrations are kept away from the platter and stylus by using advanced dampening materials that decouple the motor from the rest of the turntable.
The MoFi Electronics UltraDeck +UG Turntable features three aluminum plates carefully bonded to an MDF body to add mass and eliminate tonal coloration, maintaining the true sound found on the record.
Any vibration of the stylus that is not created by the grooves in the record is a distortion that will mask musical detail. Developed in conjunction with the engineering team at Harmonic Resolution Systems, the world leader in vibration isolation for audio equipment, the included MoFi anti-vibration feet isolate your turntable from bad vibrations.
The Mofi Electronics UltraDeck features a massive 1.3-inch Delrin® platter. The increased mass creates blacker sonic backgrounds and a lower noise floor. Delrin® is a next-generation polymer developed by Dupont. In the world of audio, Delrin's® highly crystalline structure presents a wonderful impedance match to vinyl records, effectively grounding unwanted noise and keeping it away from the stylus.
Mofi's hardened-steel inverted bearing system is designed for smooth, quiet rotational stability. The extremely low tolerance combination of steel, bronze, and sapphire—found in much more expensive turntables—will provide you with many years of high-performance playback.
The +UG Package includes Mofi's UltraGold Moving Coil Cartridge. Uniquely voiced by lead MoFi Electronics engineer Allen Perkins, UltraGold MC offers exceptionally wide frequency response, clear high-frequency transients, stunning dynamics, and incredibly rich detail.
UltraGold MC’s nude Shibata stylus and boron cantilever help account for the cartridge’s palpable low-end reproduction, high transient responsiveness, and robust midrange. The Shibata profile diamond is further chosen for playback marked by hear-it-to-believe-it depth, immersion, and fullness.
Threaded holes in UltraGold MC’s aluminum cartridge body permit the user to mount it on a headshell or integral tonearm with just two screws — no bolts or nuts needed. Analog setup doesn’t get any easier.
- Motor: 300 RPM AC Synchronous
- Speeds: 33 1/3 RPM, 45.0 RPM
- Platter: 6.8 lb Delrin®
- Wow & Flutter: 0.017% – 0.025%
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 74dB
- Power Supply Requirements: 120V 60Hz, 220-230V 50Hz, 100V 50Hz
- Power Consumption: < 5W
- Type: 10" straight aluminum, gimbaled bearing
- Overhang: 0.71" (18mm)
- Offset Angle: 22.8˚ (+/- 2˚ adjustable)
- Cartridge Weight Range: 5g – 10g
- 33-1/3 / 45.0 RPM belt drive turntable
- Custom design and manufactured in the USA
- 10-inch MoFi Ultra Tonearm
- 1.3-inch Delrin® platter
- Isolated 300 RPM AC synchronous motor
- Anti-Vibration feet designed by HRS
- V-Twin dual-magnet generator
- Micro-Line stylus with tapered cantilever
- Well-damped billet aluminum body
- Ohno continuous cast copper coils
- 3mV output
- Nude Shibata stylus and boron cantilever
- Neodymium magnet and permendur yoke
- Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting (PCOCC) coils
- Aluminum cartridge body with threaded inserts
- Precision-crafted in Japan
- Type: Dual Moving Coil Stereo
- Stylus: Shibata
- Output Voltage: 0.4mV
- Frequency Response: 20–35,000Hz
- Weight: 7.3g
- Tracking Force: 1.8–2.2g
- Recommended Load: ≥ 100 Ohm
- Static compliance : 40 x 10e-6/dyne
- Dynamic compliance : 10 x 10e-6/dyne