Schroeder Amplification SA9+ REC 20 Amplifier Head
The Schroeder Amplification SA9+ REC 20 Amplifier Head was originally designed at the request of engineers who wanted the stage sound and feel of the SA9+, at a more moderate volume thus better suited for the studio.
The design has evolved over the years and now shares many of the same features as the "SA9+". The Schroeder Amplification SA9+ REC 20 Amplifier Head is an excellent choice for home studios, small club use, or people who like to get their amps to grind.
Sonically the "SA9+ REC." and the "SA9+" are very similar and share the same control layout and functionality.
Tube compliment: 1X Tung-Sol 6SL7, 2X Sovtek 12AX7LPS, Pair JJ or Tung-Sol 6V6GT.
Front Panel (left to right): 1/4" input, 3-way bright switch, Volume, Treble, Mid Slope, Middle, Bass, Presence, Standby switch, Pilot lamp, Power switch.
Rear Panel (left to right): 2A Slo 20mm fuse, 500Ma Slo fuse, Neutrik “Power-One” female power socket, 1/4" 4 Ohm out, 1/4" 8 Ohm out, 1/4" 16 Ohm out.
Output: 20 Watts (before the onset of distortion, which is glorious BTW...)
Dimensions: 11 3/8" Deep x 10 5/8" Tall x 21" Long
- Additional power supply components, as in the SA9+, are used to convert and fine-tune certain voltages used in the preamp resulting in greater stability.
- Because of the reduced wattage, the "sweet spot" is easily attainable without exceedingly high SPL.
- Chassis is made of 1/8" (!) folded and welded aluminum, powder-coated, and screened.
- All internal wiring connections made using silver or oxygen-free copper wire of 99.9999% purity. Unlike generic "cloth-covered" wire, it will not absorb airborne moisture, oxidize and/or degrade the signal over time. Using this wire requires special tools and means that EVERY wire needs to be cut to length and tinned with specially formulated silver-bearing solder. A laborious and time-consuming process but the resulting improvement to the sound is stunning!
- The Custom power and output transformers have all been developed over our decades-long relationship with Mercury Magnetics. They feature custom winds and lots of iron for reduced "sag", a tight and transparent low end, and silky highs.
- Specific components are cryogenically treated to aid in their transparency.
Why this matters...
These details result in almost ZERO 60 cycle hum is generated by the amp. Notes emerge from a black (silent) background allowing for very subtle nuances and colors to be recognized. Effortless and instant power makes for more dynamic playing. Rewards the right hand (and sometimes the left). Partially due to the new rectifier design, reliability and touch sensitivity are second to none.
These options are an additional charge. Please contact me for pricing.
- All tube buffered effects loop with controls for both send and return levels, 0/-20 switch for pedal/rack gain structures, and a mix/serial switch.
- A TS "Record Out" taken off of the output for running a line to your recording device or slave.
- Balanced Record out via TRS or XLR.
- Speakon connectors.
- Parallel output for running different speakers (for color) or running bi-wired speaker cables for maximum bloom in the bass register.
-Solid hardwood cabinets and finishes.
- Different colors, finishes, and other customizations are available.
The Schroeder Amplification SA9+ REC 20 Amplifier Head is no longer available.