Schroeder Amplification SA9+ Amplifier Head
Sonically the SA9 and the SA9+ are very similar and share the same control layout and functionality. The differences between the SA9 and SA9+ versions are that the SA9+ has a newly designed power transformer with additional taps. Also, additional power supply components in the SA9+ are used to convert and fine-tune certain voltages used in the preamp. I have also developed a Solid State rectifier circuit developed specifically for the "+" model.
The results are immediately noticeable. Almost ZERO 60 cycle hum is generated by the amp. Notes emerge from a black or silent background, allowing for very subtle nuances and colors to be recognized while we experience a much smoother and relaxed tone. Effortless and instant power makes for a more dynamically rewarding playing experience, satisfying on all levels. Due to the new rectifier design, reliability is even greater than before.
Musicians who own these us them for...
- Both clean and heavily effected electric guitar
- Moderate volume, electric and upright bass
- Amplifying classical nylon string guitars
- Amplifying steel-string acoustic guitars
- Pedal Steel
Tube compliment: 1X Tung-Sol 6SL7, 2X Sovtek 12AX7LPS, Pair Tung-Sol KT66
Front Panel (left to right): 1/4" input, 3-way bright switch, Volume, Treble, Mid Slope, Middle, Bass, Presence, Standby switch, Pilot lamp, Power switch.
Rear Panel (left to right): 2A Slo 20mm fuse, 500mA Slo fuse, Neutrik “Power One” female power socket, 3X "Tip jacks" (for bias measurements), 1/4" 4 Ohm out, 1/4" 8 Ohm out, 1/4" 16 Ohm out.
Dimensions: 11 3/8" Deep x 10 5/8" Tall x 21" Long
- 40 Watts (before the onset of distortion, which is glorious BTW...)
-Chassis is made of 1/8" (!) folded and welded aluminum then powder coated and screened.
-A 10 turn pot with a locking dial is located just to the left of the tubes. This combined with the tip jacks (1 for each power tube) located on the back, makes user bias and tube changes safe, fast, and easy.
-All internal wiring connections made using silver or oxygen-free copper wire of 99.9999% purity. Unlike generic "cloth-covered" wire, it will not absorb airborne moisture, oxidize and/or degrade the signal over time. Using this wire requires special tools and means that EVERY wire needs to be cut to length and tinned with specially formulated silver-bearing solder. A laborious and time-consuming process but the resulting improvement to the sound is stunning!
-The custom power, output and choke transformers have all been developed over our decades-long relationship with Mercury Magnetics. They feature custom winds and lots of iron for reduced "sag", a tight and transparent low end, and silky highs.
-Specific components are cryogenically treated to aid in their transparency.
Additional charge. Please contact me for pricing
- All tube buffered effects loop with controls for both send and return levels, 0/-20 switch for pedal/rack gain structures, and a mix/serial switch.
- Record out. TS or balanced via TRS or XLR
- Speakon connectors.
- Parallel outputs for running different speakers (for color) or running bi-wired speaker cables for maximum bloom in the bass register.
- Different colors, finishes, and other customizations are available. Please feel free to call or email to discuss your project and requirements.