Schroeder Amplification Formula 20 Overdrive Head
Schroeder Amplification Formula 20 Overdrive Head The Schroeder Amplification Formula series took over 12 years of tweaking and adjustment before it could wear the Schroeder badge.
The final product is known for its ability to sit right on the edge to where a player can use his pick/finger attack to make the amp shift from a chiming, relaxed and shimmering tone to one of full "chunk" grind. It is often said to have all of the qualities of the finest Marshall amps without the bad ones. You only need to watch the video of Jake Cinninger playing the prototype of the Schroeder Amplification Formula 20 Overdrive Head to understand what these are capable of...
3X Sovtek 12AX7LPS, Pair JJ or Tung-Sol 6V6GT
Front Panel (left to right):
1/4" input, 3-way bright switch, Pre, Treble, Middle, Bass, Master, Presence, Standby Switch, Pilot lamp, Power Switch.
Rear Panel (left to right):
2A Slo 20mm fuse, 500Ma Slo fuse, Neutrik “Power One” female power socket, 1/4" 4 Ohm out, 1/4" 8 Ohm out, 1/4" 16 Ohm out.
Output: 20 Watts
Dimensions: 11 3/8" Deep x 10 5/8" Tall x 21" Long
- Chassis is made of 1/8" folded and welded aluminum, powder coated and screened.
-All internal wiring connections made using silver or oxygen-free copper wire of 99.9999% purity. Unlike generic "cloth-covered" wire, it will not absorb airborne moisture, oxidize and/or degrade the signal over time. Using this wire requires special tools and means that EVERY wire needs to be cut to length and tinned with specially formulated silver-bearing solder. A laborious and time-consuming process but the resulting improvement to the sound is stunning!
-The custom power, output and choke transformers have all been developed over our decades-long relationship with Mercury Magnetics. They feature custom winds and lots of iron for reduced "sag", a tight and transparent low end, and silky highs.
- Specific components are cryogenically treated to aid in their transparency.
- A very fast and "organic" feeling solid-state rectifier circuit means greater reliability and musicality.
- 60 cycle hum is kept to a minimum due to the additional power supply components in the preamp section.
- A cathode biasing scheme for the power tubes makes for a fast, powerful and present feel at lower volumes.
Additional charge. Please contact me for pricing
- All tube buffered effects loop with controls for both send and return levels, 0/-20 switch for pedal/rack gain structures, and a mix/serial switch.
- Record out. TS or balanced via TRS or XLR
- Speakon connectors.
- Parallel outputs for running different speakers (for color) or running bi-wired speaker cables for maximum bloom in the bass register.
- Different colors, finishes, and other customizations are available.
The Schroeder Amplification Formula 20 Overdrive Head is no longer manufactured.