Marantz PM8006 Integrated Amplifier with New Phono EQ
For the integrated amplifier connoisseur, the Marantz PM8006 Integrated Amplifier with New Phono EQ delivers the clean and pure power you'd expect from Marantz.
Not only does it deliver the controlled power that audiophiles demand, but it also creates the warm musical sound you expect from Marantz.
Pure, clean, and powerful, the PM8006 is conservatively rated at 70 watts per channel into 8-ohms. Current Feedback amplification is a well-known, Marantz-original circuit technology, thoughtfully designed to match the requirements of Super Audio hi-res music for wide-bandwidth, high-speed reproduction. The impedance at the Current Feedback point is limited, generating a very low phase shift. Marantz Current Feedback amplifiers reduce the need for phase compensation by minimizing Negative Feedback (NFB). This simplifies the signal path and results in a high through-rate, excellent transient response, and superb sonic transparency across the full bandwidth. Unlike conventional Voltage Feedback topology, Current Feedback also makes the power amplifier insensitive to difficult loudspeaker loads.
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards called Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, to replace the chip-based amps used elsewhere. Using discrete surface mount components with short mirror-image left and right signal paths, HDAMs outperform the regular integrated Op-amps dramatically in Slew Rate and noise level. The result is much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years, Marantz has developed different HDAMs to fit the particular requirements of players and amplifiers. The PM8006 uses the high-grade SA3 version. Thanks to Source Direct Mode which allows you to bypass the tone controls, the PM8006 provides its listeners with exactly what the artist and producer intended.
Hook up all your favorite sources. From Turntables to Media Streamers, the Marantz PM8006 plays nicely with them all. The MM Phono Input guarantees your deck and vinyl are treated with the sonic quality they deserve. For a long time, Marantz integrated amplifiers have featured high-quality phono stages. They’ve elevated their commitment to vinyl with the Marantz Musical Phono EQ stage, as seen in the PM8006 amplifier. Enjoy the very best playback of all music sources, be they digital or analog. Marantz Musical Phono EQ uses two-stage amplification, allowing less gain per stage for lower distortion. The PM8006 combines Marantz HDAM technology with JFETs (junction gate field-effect transistors) in the input stage, providing high input impedance that eliminates the need for AC coupling capacitors and simplifies the signal path, vastly improving the signal purity overall.
Included with the PM8006
- PM8006 Integrated Amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC001PMD)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Getting Started Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Call 847-219-8985 or email for pricing and availability.
- 70 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD
- 100 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- high-current double-shielded toroidal power transformer for clean playback and smooth handling of demanding speaker loads
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module and current feedback amplification for accuracy and control under high-drive conditions
- front-panel tone controls (treble, mid, bass)
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound
- 6 stereo RCA audio inputs (including MM phono input)
- stereo Power Amp Direct inputs for use as a power amp with a home theater receiver
- stereo preamp outputs for connection to a separate power amplifier
- stereo RCA audio outputs for recording
- full-size 1/4" headphone jack
- connections and front-panel switching for two pairs of speakers
- frequency response 5-100,000 Hz (±3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 106 dB (line-in), 87 dB (phono), 125 dB (Direct in)
- remote control
- detachable power cord
- 17-3/8"W x 5-1/16"H x 14-15/16"D
- weight: 26.5 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- MFR # PM8006/U1B
- Marantz PM8006 Integrated Amplifier