Formula 20 Overdrive Head
Formula 20 Overdrive Head
The Schroeder Amplification "Formula" series took over 12 years of tweaking and adjustment before it could wear the Schroeder badge. The final product is known for its ability to sit right on the edge to where a player can use his pick/finger attack to make the amp shift from a chiming, relaxed and shimmering tone to one of full "chunk" grind. It is often said to have all of the qualities of the finest Marshall amps without the bad ones. You only need to watch the video of Jake Cinninger playing the prototype to understand what these are capable of...
Specs and features of note:
- Chassis is made of 1/8" folded and welded aluminum, powder coated and screened.
- All internal wiring connections made using a Litz coated, oxygen free copper wire of extreme purity. Unlike generic "cloth covered" wire, it will not absorb airborne moisture, oxidize and/or degrade the signal over time. Using this wire requires special tools and means that EVERY wire needs to be cut to length and tinned with a 900 degree solder pot. A laborious and time consuming process but the resulting improvement to the sound is stunning!
-The custom power, output and choke transformers have all been developed over our decades long relationship with Mercury Magnetics. They feature custom winds and lots of iron for reduced "sag", a tight and transparent low end and silky highs.
- Specific components are cryogenically treated to aid in their transparency.
- A very fast and "organic" feeling solid state rectifier circuit means greater reliability and musicality.
- 60 cycle hum is kept to a minimum due to the additional power supply components in the preamp section.
- A cathode biasing scheme for the power tubes makes for a fast, powerful and present feel at lower volumes.
- 3X Sovtek 12AX7LPS, Pair JJ or Tung-Sol 6V6GT
Front Panel (left to right):
- 1/4" input, 3-way bright switch, Pre, Treble, Middle, Bass, Master, Presence, Standby Switch, Pilot lamp, Power Switch.
Rear Panel (left to right):
- 2A Slo 20mm fuse, 500Ma Slo fuse, IEC female power socket, 1/4" 4 Ohm out, 1/4" 8 Ohm out, 1/4" 16 Ohm out.
Options: (Additional charge. Please contact us for pricing.)
- Record out (TS or balanced via TRS or XLR, Speakon connectors.
- 20 Watts
- 11 3/8" Deep x 10 5/8" Tall x 21" Long
Unless currently in stock, lead time is two to three weeks.
If your shipping address is outside the continental U.S., please contact us for payment of additional shipping charges.
Made for you:
Different colors, finishes and other customizations are available. Please feel free to call or email to discuss your project and requirements.