Schroeder Amplification Formula 20 Overdrive Head
3X Sovtek 12AX7LPS, Pair JJ or Tung-Sol 6V6GT
Front Panel (left to right):
1/4" input, 3-way bright switch, Pre, Treble, Middle, Bass, Master, Presence, Standby Switch, Pilot lamp, Power Switch.
Rear Panel (left to right):
2A Slo 20mm fuse, 500Ma Slo fuse, Neutrik “Power One” female power socket, 1/4" 4 Ohm out, 1/4" 8 Ohm out, 1/4" 16 Ohm out.
Output: 20 Watts
Dimensions: 11 3/8" Deep x 10 5/8" Tall x 21" Long
- Chassis is made of 1/8" folded and welded aluminum, powder coated and screened.
-All internal wiring connections made using silver or oxygen-free copper wire of 99.9999% purity. Unlike generic "cloth-covered" wire, it will not absorb airborne moisture, oxidize and/or degrade the signal over time. Using this wire requires special tools and means that EVERY wire needs to be cut to length and tinned with specially formulated silver-bearing solder. A laborious and time-consuming process but the resulting improvement to the sound is stunning!
-The custom power, output and choke transformers have all been developed over our decades-long relationship with Mercury Magnetics. They feature custom winds and lots of iron for reduced "sag", a tight and transparent low end, and silky highs.
- Specific components are cryogenically treated to aid in their transparency.
- A very fast and "organic" feeling solid-state rectifier circuit means greater reliability and musicality.
- 60 cycle hum is kept to a minimum due to the additional power supply components in the preamp section.
- A cathode biasing scheme for the power tubes makes for a fast, powerful and present feel at lower volumes.
Additional charge. Please contact me for pricing
- All tube buffered effects loop with controls for both send and return levels, 0/-20 switch for pedal/rack gain structures, and a mix/serial switch.
- Record out. TS or balanced via TRS or XLR
- Speakon connectors.
- Parallel outputs for running different speakers (for color) or running bi-wired speaker cables for maximum bloom in the bass register.
- Different colors, finishes, and other customizations are available. Please feel free to call or email to discuss your project and requirements.